Monday, April 6, 2009

Party!

I had the BEST Ta Ta Party!!

I wish it had been longer, that we had more silverware, and that it was Saturday night so people didn't have the next workday nagging at them, but it was so great to have such a wonderful turnout. I think every single person I invited showed up!

The best part is all the leftovers of all the amazing international food that people cooked and brought over. I have lost my appetite these past couple days. It isn't that food grosses me out, I just don't even think about it because I don't get hungry. And because I am lazy, if I am not hungry, I am certainly not going to waste time cooking and eating. But now I have Tupperware containers just brimming with all sorts of yumminess, so I will be stocked until my dear mom gets here and cooks me up a storm.

I was so happy to see Neecy again. She has grown so much, is verbalizing, and is so social and well-adjusted. During the couple months I had her, she was very clingy to adults she knew and didn't play very much with children and now she just bopped between the kids various adults at the party, getting all of them them to feed her sweets. Her grandparents (who are Luis's age) have done an amazing job of raising her. It looks like her mom probably won't be in a position to take over the parenting for a while, but she is thriving, absolutely thriving where she is.

Anyways, it was just wonderful. I haven't been around that many people since election night, and since I worked, everyone left just as I arrived and well, it was phenomenal. Really boosted my mood and outlook. I wish I had photos, but I was too busy to take them!

My friend Carla sent me one with her iPhone (I am so jealous of people who have iPhones). I think I look like a sick cancer patient, but gonna post it anyway ;)

Note to self: apply POWDER not only to face but ALL over bare scalp if under bright lighting!

3 comments:

  1. You look like YOU! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sounds like you had a great party. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Marci using Lisa's computer...I think you look radiant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete