Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Art Classes?

CORRECTION REQUIRED!

Two blog posts ago, I wrote:

So, although I am sitting at home and not working, I do feel like I don't have much time. Between feeling exhausted from chemo, or running around getting my blood checked, the days just fly by.

When I wrote "I do feel like I don't have much time," I meant "I feel like I don't have enough time to do all the things I want to do." The way I wrote it has been construed by a couple of people to mean, "My time on earth is short," which is DEFINITELY NOT what I wanted to say. So I am so sorry for the confusion; I am not sitting around pondering the likelihood of my imminent death ;)

In fact I am barely thinking of my cancer at all! Too many cool things to do! I am thinking about taking an art course! I am sooooo not artistic, but I think it would be healthy for me to have multiple outlets for frustration, thought, etc. These are some of the courses I am considering taking!

- CREATIVE CLAY SCULPTING
- QUICKDRAW (Sketching)
- BATIKS AND OTHER RESIST APPLICATIONS
- GLASS BEADMAKING
- JEWELRY BASICS
- THE ART OF MOSAIC
- BEGINNING PAINTING
- OIL PAINTING FROM PHOTOGRAPHS FOR BEGINNERS
- OIL PAINTING FROM LIFE
- ABSTRACT PAINTING
- STONE SCULPTING

Would love to hear thoughts if any readers have taken a course like those above. . . I am really interested in quickdraw, jewelry basics, and oil painting from photographs. I saw my art teacher, Cindy Yarawamai, in Hawaii and she really insprired me to get creative.

Luis shaved my head this morning. I had this fuzzy sparse orangy hair that remained afater a lot of it fall out when I started chemo again. I looked like I had mange on my head. Now it looks like I chose this hairstyle vs I am sick.

2 comments:

  1. Danita, enrolling in an art class sounds like a great idea. Personally, I would go with the creative clay sculpting. I think that working with clay is a great stress reliever, but that's just me. Let me know which class you ended up picking. Un abrazote! Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, little known facts about me include that I once was an artist and flirted with being a professional designer (I even visited art schools before getting sucked into engineering and world domination). I would highly recommend Quickdraw. Most first time artists struggle with translating images in their mind into various mediums, and sketching helps with that process. The greatest sculptures, paintings, and even fashion designs all start with sketches. Its takes the stress out of working with mediums such as clay, paint, and stone. Its also something you can do anywhere anytime.

    ReplyDelete