Wednesday, March 18, 2009

missing Hawaii . . .

Mom left yesterday back to Hawaii. I am so bummed, I wish I could go with her. Nothing would make me happier than a day at A-bay or paddle boarding or just eating really hot malasadas on a rainy day in Honokaa from Tex's.








I have been really behind on emails and getting back to phone calls. I have had such wonderful lovely messages from people, especially people I havn't heard from in ages, and all these wonderful gifts in the mail. We have a friend that lives on a farm in Oregon (a real farm with a wood stove that heats their house and all sorts of animals and getting up at 5:30 am every day) and she sent me all these delicious homemade jams and applebutter. I also got an aloha carepackge filled with all these aloha print and themed headscarves! I hate saying it, but cancer is better than Christmas!

A couple cool things about cancer and chemo

- chemo kills fast growing cells like zit cells, so your complexion totally clears up! I have not had a blackhead or zit in a month and a half!

- "I'm sorry officer for speeding, but I'm late to my chemotherapy appointment" has a great chance of working!

- You have an excuse to watch TV all day

- people you haven't made the effort to talk to in years besides a random wall-post or mass email actually make the effort and write you wonderful sweet messages! It is great to catch up!

Okay, I promised my husband I would get out more and walk a bit, and since it is 75 and breezy, i don't have any excuse. Gonna download the NYT podcast and move my skinny bony butt around the block.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look of your blog, Danita! I thought of you in DC. I wanted to go to Café Citron but I had previous engagements every night I was there... but I will go there next time I am in DC. It used to be one of my favorite places and now that I know you liked it, too, I will make an extra effort. Un abrazo grande, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YO, that paddle surfing looks badasssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... I haven't lost too much weight (lol), so I could DONATE MY FAT ASS AND HIPS AND THIGHS AND CHEEKS!!!!!!!! YES YES YES! Problem solved!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete