Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ta Ta to my TATA!


Tomorrow is my "Ta Ta to my Tata Party" (title inspired by Shuryn's support of breast cancer during Saint Patty's)



Since most of the time I can't leave the house, or alternatively I am feeling to sick to my tummy to leave the house,
this is my first big gathering since our Election Party!

I am very excited because it is potluck. I do need to make something, but I love seeing what people bring.
We went to a departmental party that was potluck, and I couldn't stop eating. Since I am not drinking, that is going to be my main pleasure. I am going to supply a yummy cheese plate, so I think I am going to go to our Dallas Cheese Shop, Scardello's, and go wild. I am also excited because Neecy (the little girl I fostered for several months last year) is coming, and I haven't seen her since Christmas!

I was thinking about popping a Vicodin (martini effect sans the martini), but it makes me pretty simple. I can only focus on one thing at a time, and that makes for a crappy hostess.

My medical update is quite boring:

My
red blood cells are hovering at "you almost need a transfusion" level. Not enough of them to get oxygen to my body.

Which is really annoying because if I talk on the phone,
I have to yawn every 30 seconds to get enough air for my body, and then the person that I am talking to thinks I am tired, which I am not, but I am getting more and more annoyed at myself, which makes me want to hang up the phone anyway.

My platelets are low. Haven't had to deal with low platelets before. I was at 56 on Wednesday, 40 Thursday, and 36 Yesterday. I need my platelets to at LEAST 100 before my surgery, and probably higher. Normal is 140.

If it keeps dropping, around 20, I have a chance of spontaneous bleeding.
Which might result in bleeding from my eyes.

Which is one step to getting canonized, right? All I would need is a couple of miracles, intercede with God couple times on behalf of the some people and then I could be a Saint! Ha! Could be an interesting experience.

I wanted to hit yard sales today but I have such intense bone pain I think I might have to take a vicodin, which means that I can't drive (did it once, not a positive experience), which means I can't go to yard sales. Catch-22. Sucks.

What did people call Catch-22 situations before the book came out?

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me; I'm a friend of a friend (Steph). I've been lurking for a few weeks, now. I just wanted to tell you that you are an inspiration, even when you hardly feel like it. Keep on keeping on. *big hugs*

    Love the party name! :D Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete