Monday, February 2, 2009

Uh . . using cancer to get miles?


So I called my insurance company today.

I think "Medical, Life, and Disability Insurance" should be a mandatory course in high school. Luckily, I did training as a financial advisor, so I took a four day course on insurance and a four day course on stock brokering. Again, something I feel everyone should know so they don't get screwed.

Now unfortunately, I took this course after my husband had already made the changes to health insurance, and you have a window during beginning of school to make any changes before it gets locked in. And although they told me you need to get life insurance when you are young (even as a baby), because NO matter what happens you will always be coverable, I was laaaazy and didn't and look where I am now. Uninsurable. So please! Get life insurance!

So we are at a $2000 deductible, 20/80 copay, with an out of pocket expense of $5,500. Which is a total of $7500 we are going to have to pay. Which is 7,500 miles I get to add on to my mileage. So at that point, I will have almost 80,000. That is 2 tickets to Brazil, my FAVORITE COUNTRY EVER! So I think that is where my post-treatment trip will be.


If I use my miles to fly 10,000 miles round trip to Brazil, while the ticket is free, I can not count the mileage earned why on an award ticket. BUT, if I were to buy a cheap ticket, use miles to upgrade to first class, then I get first class service and the miles will count to a future trip or upgrade. If you ever want to calculate miles from one airport to another, you can use this tool.

So anyone up for a BC survival trip to Brazil?

No comments:

Post a Comment